– 10 slices white bread
– 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
– 12 ounces frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, chopped
– 1/2 cup shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese
– 1/3 cup mayonnaise
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– Tear enough of the bread trimmings into fine crumbs to measure ½ cup crumbs; set aside.
– In a small bowl, mix butter and thyme; brush evenly onto bread cutouts. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until golden brown.
– Meanwhile, mix reserved bread crumbs with shrimp, cheese, mayonnaise and salt. Spread evenly onto toast cutouts. Broil an additional 8 to 10 min or until hot and bubbly.